Thursday, January 1, 2009

My Love-Hate NY Relationship

I spent my Christmas vacation in my hometown, Queens NYC.  It's home but there are some definite things that I have been spoiled with as I currently reside in Columbus, Ohio.  So...where do I begin?

Hate----As soon as I got into NYC proper and I was dropping my man Ja off in the Bx(Fordham Road area), I hit a pothole so hard that I caught an instant flat...ARRGGHH!!!  This is about midnight and its brick cold.  As I begin unpacking the trunk to get the spare, a cab comes up to me and says there's a 24 hour tire place 2 blocks back....
Love---- I'm able to get a new tire with the quickness(yes it was that bad)
Hate---- Someone put a barrier where the pothole was to warn folk and as I'm continuing back to get back on the road, a cab plows through the barrier and sends the barrier flying into my car....

Love----So many food options.  Diversity from all over the world at any given time.
Hate----The tax and cost of food....ridiculous
Love---That my moms and pops can cook and keeps me grounded to my roots.

Love---Traveling through the city(all boros) to get caught up on life
Hate---That there's no parking or if it is, its a tight squeeze and paying is bananas
Love---Good ol MTA and my ipod, lol

Love---Getting reconnected with my old friends and family
Hate---That I don't have enough time to see everyone.

Love---Holiday weekends on the radio.  As a deejay, I get caught up on new music and appreciate good deejays.
Hate---That I'm usually driving and can't get the names of new songs like I want to.

Aight, so those are just a few things that I got me this last trip.  But as things go, I come back to Ohio fully charged with my NYC energy and it will carry me thru till the next time, I return.  



1 comment:

Eb the Celeb said...

Love this post... I think we all have a love/hate relationship with NYC