Sunday, January 27, 2008

Combination

Okay, so a lot has been going on with me...I wish I could post everyday and I certainly have that desire but truth be told...I forget, lol...so here are a couple of things that have run through my head that I need to put out there....

I'm serious about understanding the difference between a chickenhead and a hoodrat.
To me the definition has changed over the years but I don't know how. I first experienced chickenheads in high school but we used to call them GMG's(Getting Money Girls). My first experience with the hoodrats came years later experiencing the ladies that were more loud and obnoxious vs the chickenheads that at least seemed to be a little bit more classy...school me...

Although I would love to see the Patriots win the Superbowl, my allegiance has to go with the Giants...I AM the Guy from NY...

Since Cloverfield has been out for a few weeks now, I think I can talk about it. I try not to ruin movies for people because I hate it when people do that to me. I really hate it if I don't ask! What did I think? I think its a fresh way to present movies cause a good movie gives you an experience and something to have you talking about in the end...at least to me. The plot started off decent but then I lost it...all this over a girl??? Wow thats love is all I have to say. I guess there are some definite challenges when it comes to pulling it all together but the plot definitely brought it down a notch to me... I hear they are thinking about a sequel...I wonder how thats going to go....how can they top this movie??

I was inspired though to get some footage and get a sweet intro(sorta sweet) inspired off of Cloverfield...

http://usualsuspectsradio.podOmatic.com/entry/2008-01-25T06_22_10-08_00

I deejayed a winter party for a corporation which had a diverse population...old and young black,white, latino and I had to please everyone. To a degree I had my work cut out because it was hard to guage what they all wanted. Can you imagine I got the best response off some K Ci and the sunshine band? That whole early 70's Doobie Brothers, Michael McDonald, George Clinton etc is what got them moving...not to mention line dances...wow. I had to laugh at myself. Fortunately in the end I was able to get loose to what I was comfortable about. That set me up for my usual opening duties at The Cove and I was glad to play music unrestrained. It definitely was a good look but something of a confidence boost as well.

Aight so I combined a couple of blogs into one. I promise the show is coming...Its almost February!

No comments: