Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting back to basics-Weekend Wrapup

So I decided that I would start being a little more consistent with my blogs. I did this awhile ago and its necessary for me to get some things off my chest....
Typically Columbus shuts down the First Friday of the month for the ever popular event called First Fridays. People get dressed up, they network for a bit then it gets into party mode. It's been like this for years but I think its on the downslide. They have been sacrificing the quality of the event for the quantity of people(in my opinion)

This past weekend, they had a battle of the deejays which put some of Columbus best deejay out there to see who can rock the crowd. The final 3 were Krate Digga, O Sharp and Big T. With bad weather, it already messed up the vibe, simply because the people weren't there. Eventually though they had to carry on with the show. The initial round went as planned with Krate and O Sharp in the finals. It wasnt really a dj battle that we would expect however. This was a rock the crowd party, so having a good song selection was the best way to win. Then thats when things got out of hand....
The sound went kaput. Or rather the bass did. Not only does it mess with the psyche of the deejay, but also the patrons that came to party...

It never got better and folks were upset and leaving. In the end O Sharp won and shout out to everyone that was a part of it, but I hope that this never happens again or I would rather, someone that knows how to put on these events do so...

No comments: