Sunday, February 24, 2008

2 hot new mixtapes!

I'm not sure exactly when they came out but I was blessed by my man J Rawls and Storm 9000 with two mixtapes.


First off from J Rawls, he hit me with Pete Rocks mixtape/album called NY Finest.


01. Pete Intro
02. We Roll (feat Jim Jones & Max B)
03. `Till I Retire
04. 914 feat (Styles P & Sheek Louch)
05. Questions (feat Royal Flush)
06. Best Believe (feat Redman)
07. Ready Fe War (feat Chip-Fu & Rene)
08. Don't Be Mad
09. Bring Y'all Back (feat Masta Ace, Wordsworth, Phonte & Joe Scudda)
10. The Best Secret (feat Lords Of The Underground)
11. That's What (feat Rell)
12. The PJ's (feat Raekwon & Masta Killa)
13. Made Man
14. Let's Go (feat DJ Doo Wop)
15. Comprehend (feat Papoose)

This is a HOT album. I'm feeling all the tracks and I can definitely play this album from beginning to end nonstop. To me nowadays thats what makes for a good album. Now I will say that you have to be into Pete Rock or that style of hip hop to appreciate it as well. I know that he's been in the game for awhile and continues to put out some good quality music time and time again. When I say I really like this album, I really mean that, like I can't pick any real favorites. Some notables I will say are We Roll with Jom Jones, 914 with Styles P and Sheek Louch and Ready Fe War with Chip Fu and Renee'. Yeah Chip Fu from Fu Schnickens and Renee from Zhane'. How about that?? Then a track with The Lords of The Underground...yeesh, definitely a lot of goodness...

http://lix.in/0a32e163

Download, enjoy and tell me what you think!

Next my man Prime gets his throwback on something official. This one is called the reachback hour and its a good look. Now this is definitely a mixtape style album with shoutouts and everything but the music is where it needs to be if you are looking for some classic hip hop in your life. Same rules apply that its a listen to from beginning to end. So don't say I never gave you anything...!

http://www.mediafire.com/?9ncsj0cz1zm

No comments: