Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Finally a good comedy


You know I catch movies alot. Typically if it comes out and it peaks my interest, I check it out. Now I can't say that I see all the movies that come out , nor do I see the movies that are oscar worthy and all that other stuff, but I do watch what I can.

After watching First Sunday, I was a little skeptical about going to see another balck comedy with an "all star cast" of comedians. So without really spoiling too much, I will say go see Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins. It is directed by Malcolm Lee who did the Best Man and I believe did an excellent job at it. He's also Spikes cousin...It has a good balance of comedy, without going overboard and (there was 1 scene in particular that I could have done without) the comedians all had enough "shine" if you ask me...

So check it out and I'll keep you posted on any others that I come across...

-R-

No comments: