Thursday, November 6, 2008

So now that its over...


We have a new President in our midst. I wanted to put this up yesterday before it got tainted with all of the other information that will flood the information highway. Keep in mind that these are my thoughts and are influenced not by television(not directly) but by my experiences and dealings with life. Plus Im a peoplewatcher so I get it there too.

One of the first things that I recognized is how POWERFUL this country will eventually become. On a national and international scale. Because racism has been so prevalent here in these good ol United States, people all over the world have recognized a change. Now I don't guarantee immediate success but when you have people celebrating in France..that means something. It means that America actually may be able to get its "swagger" back. Mr. Obama represents so much more and I think this is a powerful step in the right direction.

On a national level, I can't wait to see the ripple effect this has on society. Having an African American president, that is smart and eloquent means that the men have to step their game up(obviously Im included). He's 47 years old. He's not 80! So there are those babyboomers that directly relate to him whether its by age and experience or color or by the mere fact of how hes come up through the rankings. This country needed this grassroots type of person to be the president. Im hoping it shakes the foundation of guys all around this nation to stand up a little straighter, to study a little harder, actually PULL UP THEIR PANTS and try to make an investment in the future.

The first couple....what else can I say...? Black Love is beautiful. Let me preface by saying GENUINE Black love is beautiful! I'm sure couples will get together and try to stay together but what I want to see are the couples that really love each other. I've had my ups and downs in my own life and this is inspiration to the 10th degree to make what I currently have work. To have a friend/companion/ride or die chick by your side....

Politics will never be the same. I believe that this years election, more people were involved in politics than ever before. I certainly was! Some of it was really for entertainment value and watercooler talk, and some of it was genuine concern for my future. It was interesting to see us discuss and talk about the fate of this country. We actually had some passion about issues that concerned us. I work in a predominantly white, catholic, school so it was heavy republican environment. Conversations were quietly discussed in little pockets areound the building. No one wanted to cause a "stir". It still surprises me how disconnected we are on issues that directly relate to us. Other countries that elect high ranking officials are killing people and they definitely take their politics seriously. I just feel like we're a little apathetic at times but this year we were definite active participants.

He was the best candidate who happened to be black, not a black candidate that surprised folk. Although he's black(or mixed) he was still the best candidate hands down. I know 85% of the people see color first but out of that 85% understand that the American people were tired of the Republican control. So Barack represented the Democratic ticket well to me. Him being an intelligent black man is great to me(the icing on the cake) because it does so much more for the country as a whole but dealing with politics...he was it. I hate that people are surprised that hes smart. He has the credentials to prove it. There are always some haters out there that think he's TOO smart but isnt that what we need to lead our country? DUH...

Give him time. The obvious next thing that people are going to wonder about are how soon are we going to see changes?? You know he's inherited a very hectic, chaotic government and theres no telling how soon he can get it all together...so everyone went to vote and they expect immediate results...but I know there are some people smarter than that.

What are we going to do now? Support!! Be smarter citizens! Be patient with what he has in front of him and support...it takes more than a day to elect the president. We need to stand by him and now continue to be active.

As usual, these are my thoughts and I wanted to be an active participant with my blogs and the C.O.R.N.

No comments: