Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Movie Review-Wanted


Aight, so Im a movie junkie. Call it an escape from reality or my secret passion or whatever you want to call it, I dig going to the movies. It doesnt matter who I go with(well yeah it does) and I don't go see EVERYTHING so maybe I'm not a junkie but I do enjoy a good flick. So these last couple of weeks I have been pretty busy checking out some movies and I want to voice my opinion. Not sure whether it will sway you to go see it or not but I gotta get it off my chest, lol.

I liked WANTED with Angelina Jolie and Morgan Freeman. Nothing like a good shoot em up flick with crazy special effects and making the impossible seem possible. That's the sign of a good movie to me. A good thrill ride. I didn't think it was gonna be as gory(seeing the bullets go though the head and the extra blood etc) but I'm not surprised.
I used to be into the storylines a lot more and it was okay. A guy, Wesley Gibson (played by James McAvoy) seemingly in a deadend job living a boring life finds out his dad is some super assassin who recently died. It could happen to anyone right? He quickly learns he has the skills like his dad(Angelina Jolie plays Fox and shares this with him), then goes through super assassin boot camp in order to find his dad's killer. The bootcamp is some secret society of assassins called The Fraternity and has been around for centuries preserving the order of society by kiling folk sent to them by some elaborate secret code thread. The leader of he Fraternity is named Sloan(Morgan Freeman). No one knows where the orders come from but its called by "fate". Wesley does a couple of jobs to get prepared to hunt his dad's killer down and eventually finds him and kills him. Here's the twist though. The man he was hunting down WAS his dad and it was all a lie set up by Sloan. So of course he feels betrayed and needs to get EVERYBODY back. And the rest as you can imagine it is history.
Without getting into too much details, its worth checking out if you like action. I can't really rank it just quite yet but its behind Ironman and The Hulk to me but above Hancock. Still have a few more flicks this summer and I'll let you know but then again, you be the judge...

No comments: