Thursday, October 2, 2008

Fall Lineup Part II

So I decided to get my wardobe together. I decided to put away the spring gear and I need a fall wardrobe so Im on the prowl for the fall shoes, jeans and sweaters. It's hard to decide where to start but typically I like to start from the bottom up and then outside in(if you get it). That means shoes, pants,shirts...then hats, jackets, gloves scarves etc.


SHOES I have all styles of sneakers and shoes thanks mainly in part to my desire to have comfy feet. The years of pounding from track always have me searching for comfort. But as fall is here, my sneaker game must change too. Fall colors and darker colors are what Im shooting for. I already have my eye on 1-2 pairs. My boot game this year consists of the standard construction Timbs, some ACG boots and 1-2 more designer boots. If you are really a classic cat like me, I still rock some Polo boots (circa 93)from time to time.

PANTS A good pair of corduroys and some jeans are tops on my list. Darker colors, a different wash or even some "heavy" jeans are what Im looking for. Sad thing about jeans is the price keeps going up based on what you want. For me, I really don't need or want designs on the back pocket and the what not, so my range stays about the same depending on where I shop. Brand X Girbaud jeans have been my jeans of choice for years but I know there are some others out there. The cords are more along the lines of work and certain occasions where I go out.

TOPS Now my style varies and the good thing about it, is Im open. Honestly I'm looking for some long sleeve shirts with custom designs. I had a few last year and they worked out pretty good, so Im looking for my hookups. Im thinking about airbrush designs and some other artful designs. I love Miskeen and am definitely starting to get with some of the local designers to get that promotion out there. We will see on that tip. I'm looking at improving my sweater game. I want to have some thick sweaters to rock as well as some fitted sweaters. I guess I have to stay in shape over the winter..

OUTERWEAR I may mess around and get a good ski jacket(yep a ski jacket)and definitely be on the lookout for my Northface upgrade this fall/winter. I also dress in layers so hoodies(looking for my cone head champion) with bubble vests are gonna be in fashion. Leather jackets are my norm and although I may be off by a year or so, I feel a leather jacket is in order this year.


ACCESORIES Of course transitioning from ball caps to nice winter hat is where I am. I actually like a ski caps with the tassles on it just for effect more than anything else. Scarves seem to be in style but they seem to be more fashion than function. So Im looking for a functional scarf. If I luck out, Im definitely looking with the even some warm socks also make my list. Having warm socks means that I need a good pair(or two) of boots. See above for that. I can say that I will need some gloves and thick winter gloves are what I'm gonna get. No need to be tough. Be smart!!

So thats my current agenda. I'm allowed to change it up and I have some looks that Im going for...for sure! Its definitely going to be some Classic NY Moments and some 2010 moments..yep that far ahead of ya'll...holla at yo boy!

1 comment:

robert said...
This comment has been removed by the author.