Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Weekend wrapup!!

This was a coolout weekend for me sorta.....this is something that I thought I would try. How my weekend went here socially and deejay wise. I know the Flypaper crew was having their weekend extravaganza at BOMA in Columbus. Check out flypaperblog.com for more details, but for the past year, they have put Columbus on the map as an online newspaper as well as party promotions and the what not. Their website features music and entertainment, some street politics and the movers and shakers around here. Now CBUSTED was also celebrating and M Coture. CBUSTED takes pics at all the hot events and happenings and posts them. I don't always like the pics because there should be SOME discretion to me. If I see some of the pics and I'm from outta town, I might NOT want to come but in general they are all pretty dope and a good representation of that good ol young urban nightlife...aight let's get it.

Thursday -ICON starting out with Ladies Night now. Its started okay, no cover, cheap drinks and a good vibe, but it actually started to pick up a little speed and have some good entertainment value. So what turned into a simple chill night, I actually began to rock a little bit and folks came to party. I especially peeped out the college kids in the house that probably dont have class on Friday, buuutt I have work so I had to cut it short...lol

Friday-I held it down and watched some good ol H.S. football for their Homecoming(we won by the way). Afterwards chilled a little bit and went home to download music and get twitter updates(richnyce is my name on there by the way). Trav Dave was on camera detail so I was expecting to get updates but I guess that didn't work out.

Saturday-
A few more weeks to go and I'm done with peewee football! So far so good though, as my son and his team have been getting busy and are still undefeated. It's been unseasonably warm, and I like that adn I think everyone else does too. So, I watched a few more games, came home watched a few more games on tv, had my sons buddy shoot through and then it was on for the night. There was a lot of new music that I wanted to play and I was excited because part II of the FLYPAPER Anniversary party was going on. There was also the Black, Gold and Cream party going on so it was gonna be stacked, and "swag" was in effect. I got to test out some new 50 cent(Get UP), that new Busta Rhymes(Arab Money), the new Beyonce(Single Ladies) and of course Swagger Like Us. From time to time,
I have these deejay dreams which lets me know how the night's going to go.
So I had a feeling it was going to be a good one. And it was a good look indeed.

Sunday is the day of church and rest,rest,rest....

I plan on putting up some audio and video from this weeked sometime soon. Gotta get folk on the job getting me the stuff and then its on...!!

No comments: